Pretty bad vision – experiences with getting eyeglasses or LASIK?
I have pretty bad vision (my prescription is very strong) and wear glasses to correct it. I've gotten new glasses twice in the last few years (from 2 different local optometrist offices that have positive reviews online). Both times, my experiences have been similar and disappointing:
1) get an eye exam and get measured for new glasses
2) receive my new glasses but there's something off about my vision when I'm wearing them
3) go back to the optometrist; they come up with different measurements the 2nd time, so they order new lenses
4) the new lenses are an improvement, but my vision is still kind of weird when wearing my glasses (ie, it looks distorted)
I've been told that my prescription is strong enough that it can be hard to get the measurements right.
So my question for anyone who has a strong eyeglasses prescription:
- Have you had good experiences with getting glasses at any specific optometrist offices in Nashville?
- Have you had bad vision that was corrected by LASIK, and if so, do you have any recommendations for where to get that done?
Thanks in advance.